Candidate for Hillsborough County School Board District 7
“Every decade of my life has been connected to Hillsborough County Public Schools.”
I was born and raised in Hillsborough County and I now live on Davis Islands with my husband, Jonathan, and our two young boys. I received my Educational Doctorate from USF and am now an adjunct professor there in the Educational Leadership and Policy Studies department. I also volunteer and teach at the Children’s Ministries at Hyde Park United Methodist Church and South Tampa Community Bible Study.
I worked for Hillsborough County Public Schools for fifteen years:
- As a classroom teacher at Gibsonton Elementary in 2nd and 5th grades
- As a literacy coach at Springhead and Lincoln Magnet Schools in Plant City
- As the Assistant Principal of Corr Elementary in Apollo Beach
- As a District Reading Resource Teacher, supporting all 144 elementary schools in implementing effective literacy practices
I have worked with school districts across the nation:
- As the Reading and Writing Specialist for the Office of the State Superintendent in Washington, D.C.
- As a leadership consultant, staff developer, and literacy coach with Hillsborough’s Booker T. Washington Elementary School, Florida’s Lake County, and with districts across the country, including New York, South Carolina, Wyoming, Texas, and Alabama
If you believe that effective oversight of our school district’s policies and budget require the District 7 school board member to have decades of experience—at ALL levels of Hillsborough’s school system and with districts across the nation—working with thousands of educators to bring the best possible education to our students, then VOTE ANGELA SCHRODEN FOR SCHOOL BOARD DISTRICT 7 ON AUGUST 18th!
“Angela Butler Schroden is my choice for the School Board of HCPS. If you’re looking for a candidate who can represent the district locally & nationally, Angela should be your choice too. She is a lifelong learner who remains current on educational research & best practices. As a leader in Hillsborough, she will provide a voice that will result in some of the most successful teachers & students. Her past work of over 23 years in our schools developed research based professional learning communities, where both teachers & students aspired to learn. VOTE for Angela!!!”
– Faychone Durant: Formerly the Principal of Lincoln Magnet; Principal of Young Middle School; Principal of Marshall Middle School; Principal on Special Assignment for Curriculum and Instruction; and Director of the Measures of Effective Teaching Project
“I endorse Angela for school board because of her passion and knowledge of Hillsborough county schools. She has two sweet boys with unique needs, which has given her insight into the importance of supporting the individual child. She also listens to professionals and parents which is important as we evolve!”
– Lori Kersting: Owner & OTR/L, Tampa Kids Therapy
“Angela Butler Schroden is the perfect choice for School Board of HCPS. Her background, leadership skills, and personality is the perfect blend for the job. Not only did Angela grow up in Tampa and attend Hillsborough County Schools, but she also worked for the School District of Hillsborough County in several different roles (at various levels). These experiences are an important part of what has prepared her to become a top notch School Board Member. Angela was always eager to cautiously try innovative ideas with the teachers and media specialists in Hillsborough County Schools, all for the sake of growing readers, as well as advancing student learning. She was able to accomplish this with her expertise in reading and leadership practices along with endless energy and enthusiasm, and always with a smile on her face. Her genuine love for all students is like none other. Having Angela as a School Board Member is a great opportunity for our schools and students—VOTE for Angela!”
– Barbara Rooks: Retired Supervisor, K-5 Library Media Centers, Hillsborough County Public Schools
Teacher, literacy coach, administrator, professional developer, and published author. Angela Schroden knows the issues, knows students, and knows what teachers need. She is a parent of children who attend Hillsborough County Public Schools. Her decades of experience with our school district and beyond our community make her the BEST choice for School Board District 7.
– Debbie Wehle Anderson: Retired Principal, Mitchell Elementary School
Angela will be an extraordinary school board member. She brings a well-developed perspective of doing the right things for students from her years as an educator in Hillsborough Public Schools, serving as a consultant for many school districts, and working with aspiring administrators as an adjunct professor at USF.
– Earl Whitlock: Ed.D., Adjunct Instructor USF, Retired HCPS Administrator
It is an honor to formally endorse Angela Schroden for School Board, District 7. Having worked with Angela as my administrative partner in opening a new school in Hillsborough County, I experienced firsthand her knowledge, work ethic, and amazing passion for educating students. She will have a very positive impact on our school district as a member of the school board.
– Sylvia Hastings: Retired HCPS Administrator